Sunday, October 24, 2010

My first post....

I created this blog as a means to put my thoughts down and hopefully share my experiences with others who are at this stage of their lives.  We all have so much to offer the younger generation, but we really have a lot to offer each other as well.  So many times I have thought of starting a blog but just never really knew what topic I wanted to pursue.  I had other ideas but just shook them off.  Then suddenly it hit me.  This is what I live, breath and do everyday...which is, deal with the fact that I am getting older.  So is everyone else, so it's a topic that will never grow old! lol

When I was young, say 21 years old, I thought 28 was old!  Then at 30, I thought 40 was old.  At 50, I didn’t feel old, but the number itself made me feel kind of old.  Inside I felt the same and on the outside I didn’t look much different than at 40, but the number ‘5’ out front made me feel like I was in a whole new category of adulthood, and I had a hard time admitting I was 50 to others.   Funny thing is, nobody really asks your age when you start getting up there in years.  Have you noticed that?  When did that start happening?   I realized ten years ago that the whole year I was 44, nobody ever asked my age.  I went the entire year not ever telling anyone how old I was because nobody asked.  I felt I got robbed out of a year of being only 44 instead of now being an older person of 45!

One thing I can say for sure is this.  Being in my 50's is not as bad as I used to think it would be.  It's all relative.  As long as a person takes care of themselves, feels good, is healthy, then there's no reason why this age should feel any differently.  I'll get into more of that later.  For now, I just wanted to get my first post up!  So, if there's anybody out there who is interested in reading my blog...thank you!!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Yay!!! Your first comment on your first blog post is from me. I am excited to follow along on your new blogging adventure, Mom.

I love you!

Amber said...

...AND, your fist post was on my birthday ;o)