Friday, November 19, 2010

V.A.C.A.T.I.O.N.

Al and I flew to San Francisco to visit my son, daughter-in-law and grandson, who live north of the city.  The main reason for the trip was to celebrate my grandson's first birthday.   I took a ton of pictures...imagine that!  Mason is absolutely a charming little boy.  He is so good natured, and so happy.  The last night we were there I had tears in my eyes as I rocked him to sleep.  I wish I could spend much more time with him. 

While we were there, Al and I took a drive up to Sonoma and met with some of our former high school friends from Frankfurt American High School, where we all went to school.  Lisa and her husband own a vineyard, and we were treated to a delicious lunch and some wine tasting.  It was so much fun catching up with everyone.  It's been 36 years since we went to school together!
Another day we took a drive up to Stinson Beach.  It was a beautiful, warm day.  Perfect, actually!  Al found two sand dollars for me and I found one myself.  I've been to that beach many times before but never got lucky enough to find a sand dollar.  I was so excited, as you can see!  That's what I like about Al.  He shares in my excitement!
Here's Zach, Mary and Mason.  Mason had a blast.  He loved the water and he even loved eating the sand.
When we left San Francisco, we flew down to San Diego for Al's cousin's wedding. It was a beautiful setting on the beach in La Jolla.   Just look at this photo I took...so breathtaking!!!  The setting for the reception was incredibly beautiful, too.
San Diego is a really cool place.  Like I said, I took so many pictures.  I am only posting a smidget of what I took.   Here's a Koala Bear at the San Diego Zoo.    

I hurt myself while taking this picture.  I tripped over a curb and my body twisted somehow.  Darn it! I was hurting so bad and had to walk through the airport right after it happened.  My back is slowly mending, with the help of a heating pad and Ibuprofen.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Beautiful pictures and beautiful song!!! I love the picture of you and Al jumping by the ocean... very cool!

tbsomeday said...

wow! those are some amazing pictures!!
my favorite is you two jumping on the beach--i LOVE that one!!
looks like a great time
mason is ADORABLE!
he's really a mix of mom and dad both! :)