Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Does the music have to be that loud?

Well I guess my back is pretty much healed from the near crippling trip over a curb 3 weeks ago.  My 'trip' happened while trying to take a picture...go figure!  Al said I kept the camera steady as my body heaved over the curb.  Leave it to me to save my camera at the expense of potentially causing serious harm to my body!  It just happened so fast that I didn't have time to react.  My back was pretty sore for awhile but with the tender care I've been giving it, I think it's back to normal.  My daughter-in-law, who is a nurse practitioner, said it most likely was a strained muscle.  I was able to do my usual routine at the gym tonight, however I did leave the spinning class early, and not because of my back, but because the instructor was blasting the music way too loud.  I couldn't take it any longer, so I unstrapped my pedals and walked out.  On top of the loud music he was playing, he was shouting out his instructions so loudly it seriously made me cringe.  I don't know how anyone else could handle it!  After about a half hour of tormenting my ears, I got out of there.   When the class was over I went into the room after everyone left and told him why I walked out.  I was really nice and told him he was a great teacher and the music was great and all that, it was just too loud for my ears.  I also laughed it off and said that I'm the type of person to wear ear plugs in a bar when a band is playing.  And I told him I will be back to take his class again, only next time I will bring my ear plugs. We'll see if he turns the volume down.  Seriously, my ears are still ringing!  

2 comments:

Lisa Paul said...

Nothing worse than being shouted at while working out at the gym. The physical activity is punishing enough!

Amber said...

Wear headphones next time ;o)