Sunday, December 5, 2010

Here I Go Again!

I'm packed and ready for my trip to Chicago to stay with my daughter.  It's been a few months and I'm looking forward to wrapping my arms around her again.  I love this time of year with all the Christmas lights and holiday shoppers filling the city.  With the gigantic tree up at the John Hancock Center, it really puts you in the Christmas spirit.  Not that I'm not already in the spirit of Christmas...I am.  It's just that it's 79 degrees here right now, and it just doesn't feel like Christmas is upon us.  On the other hand, people in my neighborhood are hanging Christmas lights, the stores are decorated with Christmas displays, all have an abundance of gifts filling the shelves, and shoppers are out in full force.  Oh, and I can't forget, my car radio is set to the Christmas music station!  See below...my favorite Christmas song. :-)

Chicago just got hit with a snowstorm so I've packed all the warm clothes I can fit in my suitcase.  This is nothing new to me, I lived in the midwest last winter.  I am looking forward to seeing the snow again, and this time I don't have to shovel it, or drive in it!  My plans are to drive back to Iowa to visit some friends while I'm there, but I'll have to see how the weather holds out.  I also plan to work out at the gym my daughter belongs to, with a guest pass she has for me...yippee!  Hopefully I can convince her to join me in a zumba class.  Most of all, I'm especially excited to see my mom while I am back home.  I miss her very much.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I forgot to mention that I love the picture of your tree ;o). I took some of mine tonight too.

tbsomeday said...

ah yes--we put on some snow for you!

have a safe and wonderful trip

you can always come do zumba with me :)