Monday, December 20, 2010

Scorpions...you are not welcome in my home!!!

I might as well face it, I live with scorpions.  Since moving from Iowa to the desert of the southwest, I have encountered more critters that I have never even seen before.  One of them is the dreaded scorpion.  I just found another one in my house.  I hadn't seen a scorpion in months, but one managed to find it's way inside again.  This was a little one, but I've been told the little ones are the ones that sting the worst.  I have some garlic cloves in my refrigerator just incase I get stung.  Knock on wood...I've been lucky so far.  I don't want it to sound like my house is infested or anything.  Far from it.  I find scorpions about as often as I used to find a spider in my house back in Iowa.  Not often, but one is far too many as far as I'm concerned! 

3 comments:

Amber said...

Another one? I don't understand how we can live just blocks away from each other and yet I haven't even seen a scorpion outside let alone in my house. Has Al ever had them in his house in El Paso? You should spray your yard and the perimeter of your house again then close that gap in your front door. BTW, we want to stop by and see your lights tomorrow night if you will be home.

tbsomeday said...

uck
that's kind of scary
so you put garlic over a scorpion sting?
do you have to go to the dr or anything?

Jeri said...

I've heard it stings pretty bad and the garlic helps with the pain. There's no need to go to the doctor unless there's a reaction.