Saturday, November 19, 2011

Elmo Birthday Party

I recently went to California to celebrate my grandson's 2nd birthday.  It had been a few months since I've seen my son and his family and it was a long anticipated trip.  When my daughter-in-law picked me up at the airport, my grandson was looking at me from the back seat of the car and said, "Nana".  It sure made me smile. :)  I got in the car and gave him a big hug and a kiss, and a present, and couldn't take my eyes off him the whole way home.

Here is my grandson watching Elmo on his daddy's phone. 

I was there to see my grandson get his first haircut.  Needless to say, it was not a pleasant experience for him! 

After the haircut, we went out for dinner and my grandson got to ride the train at the mall.
My son's a video game producer and one day soon, his son will be playing this game with him. We went to my son's work one day and my grandson loves to ride the elevator when he gets there.  As soon as he stepped off the elevator he started calling...daddy...daddy...daddy!  He got everyone's attention as they looked out of their offices and said 'Hi' to him.  Every corner he turned and down every hall, he called for his daddy. It was so cute.  My son said he heard him as soon as we got off the elevator.  
Party time!  You should have seen his face when my daughter-in-law came home with the Elmo birthday cake and balloons.  He was bursting with excitement!
He loves Elmo!

I love this little guy!  He's such a happy, good-natured little boy. 

We went for a hike up Mt. Burdell.  There were some incredible views up there.
Can't wait til the next time!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I can't wait to see that lil guy... he's so gosh darn cute.

tbsomeday said...

aw!
he is adorable!
so fun that you got to be there for his birthday!