Saturday, November 19, 2011

More of Chicago

I don't always post about my trips back to Chicago, and since my last trip was pretty much the same as the others, I will not say too much, and just leave you with a few select pictures.  I did get to see my awesome friend from high school, who lives in CA now, and was also visiting her daughter in Chicago.  Other than that, I was spending a lot of time with my daughter and my mom, which is what brings me back to Chicago so often.

I love looking out the window when I fly.  I will never be one of those people who choose the aisle seat.  How boring!  There's so much beauty to see, and every time it's just as amazing to me.  I always think of things while I'm looking down at the cities and small towns below.  I think of all the people living their lives in what is such a big world down there, and how miniscule they all seem from up in the sky. 
We went out one night and saw Vince Vaughn at the Hubbard Inn.  He was so close we actually made eye contact.  I could have had an awesome photo of him but my daughter wouldn't let me get out my camera.  She said, "Waaaiiittt, you can get one later".  Then in a split second his whole clan was gone!  I did manage to sneak this picture when no one was looking.
My practice plank, before I do the real thing (and I will, too!).
Trump Tower
I got up early the next day to watch the Chicago Marathon.  My daughter didn't run this year, but I still wanted to see it.  I am always amazed and inspired to see the perseverance of these athletes.
While I was watching the runners, I looked to my left and saw this advertisement.  They are all over Chicago.  It always brings a HUGE smile to my face because my son produces this video game, and I am SO proud of him!
Mom and I went out for a drive and I stopped in the road to take this picture.  Oh, I was careful to make sure no one was coming behind us!  Mom and I were engulfed in falling leaves and it brought us a moment of sheer delight.
Who can resist taking yet another picture of Lake Michigan?  I can't! 
My daughter and I had a nice evening walk along the lake.  The weather the whole time I was there was gorgeous.  I couldn't have asked for anything better.  
Since I didn't get this picture in my previous Halloween post, I wanted to post it now, because I think my daughter did an excellent job of putting together this Black Swan costume.  She looked great!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Gorgeous pictures, mom. I love the falling leaves and the boats on Lake Michigan.

tbsomeday said...

great re-cap
love the pictures
especially the falling leaves!!

black swan is beautiful :)